Sunday, February 9, 2014

Report from Ed Week - "Districts Bail on Race to the Top in Five States"

http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2014/01/22/18rtt-districts.h33.html?tkn=RQUFQLleUCtp8OG2OwsHv7zohPNbBI9XZT02&cmp=ENL-EU-NEWS2


Once you have reviewed this link, consider where your State and/or District is with Race to the Top. Are you closing in on your goals? How has RTTT impacted your staff and students?

I remember hearing the cliché "Change is Good"; is this true of all change? Or let's consider "Practice Makes Perfect". I could practice my golf swing all day and it will not improve because I always practice the wrong swing; therefore, I get more of the same bad swing. How about you - are the changes and new goals promoted though RTTT improving your school and district or is it more like my old golf swing? I hope you are seeing improvements; however, I would like to hear all sides of this issue.

I encourage teachers, parents, and administrators to respond to this discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment