Saturday, February 1, 2014

Knowing Yourself is the First Step


Knowing yourself may be the hardest part of this job we call Principal; however, it an important first step toward attaining your desired goals. Naturally, like everything around us, we evolve; therefore, what we know of as ourselves in our college days is quite different from how we look at ourselves when we are thirty, forty, or even sixty. We are influenced by those around us; this includes our students, their parents, school staff, and our own families. With this in mind, I found myself checking myself often and asking questions such as: What is my purpose as a Principal? What is important to me and also to others? What can I do today to make a difference? These are questions that will always be there for me and, I believe, need to be there for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment